Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TWD-BWJ Chocolate Truffle Tartlets

It's February, and that means one thing, CHOCOLATE! These chocolate tartlets have a buttery cocoa fluted shell and rich, decadent dark chocolate truffle filling with milk chocolate, white chocolate and biscotti chunks mixed in. I was excited to use my little fluted tart pans since I purchased them in 2009 for Tuesday with Dorie's poached pear tartlets.

The chocolate truffle tartlet recipe was surprisingly simple though it had several steps and required refrigeration between them but it went fast and I was able to knock these out during my kiddos nap. I took four tarts to a ladies game night, left one for the hubs and the monkey to share on their "daddy/daughter Valentine movie night" and took one to my boss. (I am such a kiss up!)

I had so much fun making these and I kept meaning to take photos, I really did. But, I was in a rush and couldn't find my camera. Then someone at game night promised to send me a photo and yet, I still don't have one. See my best replacement effort below.




Game night ladies, the hubby, the munchkin, and my boss all loved this dessert. I really liked it, too and (don't tell anyone) I'm not a huge chocolate fan.

I have really missed baking and am so thankful to be back in TWD. It feels great to spend some time creating something I can share with others. It is a much more productive activity than watching Real Housewives of Orange County and playing Word with Friends. (I'm tangerinetart on WWF, play me!)

This week's Tuesday's with Dorie - Baking with Julia is hosted by Jessica, Spike, Jaime, and Steph. You can find the recipe and some really impressive photography on their amazing blogs. See you next time as we tackle Rugelach.


10 comments:

Katrina said...

Ha, love your replacement photo/drawing! Not too sure about the not liking chocolate part though! I live for it. ;)

Megan's Cookin' said...

The picture is priceless! We loved the tarts, but were huge chocolate lovers!

slush said...

Love it Rachel! Too cute. :)

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Adorable! I just love your 'photo'! :) Maybe we can meet up if you're ever in DFW again!!

ferda said...

Love the drawing :)

Wendy (pinkstripes) said...

Love your drawing! That's so cool.

Cher Rockwell said...

Very creative replacement photo1!

Leslie said...

Great post! It's so nice to see you back with TWD. I skipped this one but it sounds so delicious I might have to go back and make it up!

Elizabeth - SugarHero.com said...

Hah, who needs photos when you have diagrams? I think this could be a new blog trend...

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

The drawing is priceless!