Monday, October 1, 2007

Welcome to my foodie blog!

Hi All! Thanks for reading my very first food blog entry. I named this little blog after my pride and joy - my Tangerine Kitchen Aid Mixer. It's the Artisan version. I haven't progressed to the Professional, but maybe someday I will.

I've always been a fan of baking. As a little girl, I loved helping my mom or grandma scoop out flour or pour the milk. Cracking eggs was big time! But, the best part of baking up treats was sharing it with my parents or my brother. I always felt so proud when I saw them eating the treats, knowing that I helped.

In Jr. High I would beg my mom to let me stay home from school so I could whip up various concoctions from the cupboard. Sometimes, she'd say yes. I'd take a recipe and switch it all around to see what the result would be. Oftentimes, it was edible. Other times, not so much.
Once I got to College, I realized that I liked cooking meals, too. But, I only liked cooking for others and that is still the case. If I am home alone, I'm happy to eat a grilled cheese sandwich. But, if my hubby is around, I'm sure to create something more elaborate. I'm not saying all my meals are tasty, but thankfully he always eats them up and tells me how much he appreciates my efforts. He's the best!

Anyway, enough with the background - let's get to the good stuff!


7 comments:

CB said...

w00t w00t! another jknottie converted to the foodie blog dark side! ;)

Nina said...

We are taking over the world! :)

CB said...

ps. I have the artisan too. whats the difference between artisan and pro?

iambellaluna said...

I have totally joined the dark-side too! :)

Dawn said...

Clara, the pro is bigger and has a different bowl/head design that doesn't lift up like yours. It's a pain in the butt, I think, which is why I went Cuisnart for my super sized mixer.

Alanna said...

If you are all on the dark side, does that make me on the light side, since there is no food involved on my blog?

Dawn said...

Rachel, When are you going to post again? We need some inspiration! It is fun to read your intro post again now that I have met you. I can picture you dancing around the kitchen mixing all kinds of crazy things together. I enjoyed doing that as a kid to, but my dad would always make me eat the stuff so I squelched that real quick and now I have an affinity for recipes.