Monday, February 9, 2009

Amano y Amano

A really long time ago, I was selected as a lucky duck winner of two amazing bars of Amano chocolate from Blake Makes (a totally awesome food blog). Amano sent me the bars and well I just had to tell you guys about them.

First, let me state that I am a complete moron and took no pictures of the actual chocolate. I figured the Superbowl was a perfect time to let the chocolate duke it Amano y Amano. So, I let our Superbowl guests share the goodness. I guess I picked an appropriate day to share because once I put out the 4 oz of dark deliciousness, it was like penetrating my own defensive line just to get a nibble, much less a photo.

Anyway, here's the summary of our analysis:

Handcrafted Madagascar Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
Definite citrus flavors, smooth and buttery, tangy

Handcrafted Jembrana Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
Sweet, mild coffee flavors, super yummy!

I would love to use this amazing chocolate in a recipe. But, I am glad that we were able to taste it just as it was in order to really savor it. Head over to Amano and order yourself some. It's worth it!

0 comments: