Tuesday, February 3, 2009

TWD: You want a peace of this?!?





This week's TWD recipe was selected by the lovely and talented Jessica of Cook Book Habit. She selected the most adorably named treat, World Peace Cookies. You can find the recipe on her site.


The cookies were a snap to mix up but I did have trouble forming the "log" required to slice and bake. I ended up forming said log with the help of wax paper lined drinking glasses and that worked OK but not great. It really didn't matter because the dough was so crumbly that I ended up smooshing it together between my palms anyway.











Despite the unique shape of my cookies – hey no one said Peace came in a perfectly round shape! – they tasted amazing and had that perfect salty sweet combination required by tastebuds the world over. The hubs felt that they went particularly well with vanilla ice cream and he did let out the most peaceful sigh once he'd scarfed his ice cream cookie concoction down. And if that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does!


Don't forget to check out the TWD blogroll and see how the other peace keepers fared this week.


Next week, floating islands. (Yeah, I don't know what that means, either!! Can't wait to give it a try!)











11 comments:

Danielle said...

I am sorry your cookies didnt come together. I did mix mine a tad bit longer so the dough came together and was easier to roll.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Yours do look just a bit crumbly :) But no matter because that sigh is the best reward isn't it? We love these cookies too.
Nancy

Unknown said...

Your crumbly dough looks just like my first attempt - but don't they taste great anyway?

Anonymous said...

Hahah I didn't even care if they crumbled a bit, because it gave me an excuse to eat the dough! I'm so glad that you liked them anyways!

zebe912 said...

After CB posted yesterday, I happened to see a copy of this book in the bookstore and had to check out the recipe (I still can't justify $40 for a gluten filled cookbook I can't use). The salt freaks me out a little. But, I still think I have to try at least a small batch of these just because of the name. Maybe I can make them at our work camp this summer since it will be a bunch of pacifists :-)

Lillian said...

Looks aren't everything, especially when the cookies taste this good!

TeaLady said...

Wow!! Those were crumbly. But they were good. Maybe mix a little longer, or add just a tad of moisture next time.

Leslie said...

My first batch looked just like yours. My problem was I miscalculated the flour and didn't mix them enough. I made them again tonight and they are magical!

CB said...

LMAO @ your blog title. I am gonna be saying that line all day. HAHA. Love it! Bummer about your crumbly cookie sitch but glad you enjoyed the taste anyways!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Jules Someone said...

Sorry they were so rough on you to make. But tasty!

Unknown said...

You know, I asked my French friend about these Floating Islands and she scrunched up her nose. Is that a good thing? I love crumbly cookies! We eat them that way in my house over our ice cream, so good!