Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend recap - and why I was MIA.

Update: If you saw this post in the first hour, you got to see pics of hubs. If not, sorry kids! He shall remain a man of mystery.

Oh man, I just had the most amazing weekend. One of my dearest friends got married in Napa this weekend and hubs and I turned it into a mini-vacation. Whee!




We stopped halfway up to visit hubs 'rents for a couple nights. We had such a fun time visiting with the ILs. I know it sounds like an intro to a joke on Last Comic Standing, but I really love my ILs. They are just great.



Thursday night, hubs and I went over to his childhood friend's home and we had a blast visiting with him, his wife, their adorable 2 year old son and 5 week old baby girl. (I won't post pics of other people's kids. Trust me though, they are adorable!) We all went to the farmers market and brought back tasty veggies to eat for part of our dinner. I was quite impressed with the quality of their market. Very nice!


When it was time to go home to bed, I tried to steal baby S but hubs made me give her back. I couldn't help it. I was mesmerized by her little baby sleepy sighs. Hubs gave me that look...maybe... I will get that puppy I've been wanting for a while after all!


On Friday morning, we got up early in order to get to Napa in time for the wedding weekend festivities. We enjoyed a lovely tour and tasting at Saintsbury with good friends. I had never been to Napa before and couldn't believe how beautiful it was, even with the slightly hazy skies left over from recent fires.


Friday night, we had a super yummy dinner, margaritas, and a lot of laughs with my friends. I stayed friends with three ladies from high school and was so glad we were all there to celebrate. I especially enjoyed the groom's special surprise dessert - a giant Texas cake. Fun times!


Saturday was spent poolside and I now have one lobster-red shin. I swear I applied sunscreen evenly but apparently the wine took over and I just slathered it on willy nilly. A sad lesson to learn, especially for this Whitey Whiterson. (I will not post of picture of the leg, sorry.)


The wedding was Saturday evening and words couldn't express how beautiful it was there in a tiny clearing under the trees overlooking the vineyard. The sun was starting to sink and the ambiance was perfect. When my friend J came down the aisle, there wasn't a dry eye. The ceremony, vows and loving looks were so incredibly genuine, we all knew we were part of something amazing.



The reception was in another beautiful locale, on the deck of a private residence overlooking a vineyard. Again, breathtaking views. But, more amazing than the views, food (delish) and wine (not a drop left) was celebrating with such a wonderful group of people.



Sunday, the group met up again for a sparkling wine tasting and it was the absolute perfect send off. We left with a few purchases, grins, and a buzz - at least I did, hubs was DD.








It could not have been a more perfect weekend and I am so thankful that hubs and I were two of the 22 guests chosen to celebrate with the happy couple. It meant the world to be there to see my friend off into the land of Mrs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!

Alanna said...

Let me just say....jealous.
*sigh*

Napa is my goal for anniversary #2. :)

Now can I have some RP time? :)

zebe912 said...

That sounds awesome. I so want to visit CA wine country sometime! I got to visit a friend's 6 month old last week and I wanted to pack him up in my suitcase!!

JillFantastic said...

Thanks for going MIA for me ;)

I'm glad you and B had such a great time - I know I did!